It’s a new year and time for the really good clients to shows up … you know … the 6,000 sq. ft. new build AND they want you to see the whole project through!
That means architect/builder meetings to develop the plans, specifying all the finishes for the: 5 bathrooms, 4 fireplaces, indoor and outdoor kitchens, being the liaison between the contractor and owners during construction, and then … there’s the whole houseful of furniture, window coverings, art and accessories to be designed and purchased.
Sound like a dream job?
- Do you know how to write a Letter of Agreement that covers the entire scope of the project so you land the whole job?
- Who are you going to ask to help – your designer friends who have never done it before?
Good Clients Great Money Mastermind Coaching, where you get the support to write that LOA and know that you got it right, feel confident, professional and prepared when you present to that new client.
So now what’s the problem?
- How much to charge for a job that big? Because if you call it out too low … you could be a design slave for 2 years. Or if you try to do it hourly and you will lose 35% to 45% AND there is a big chance that you won’t get to finish the job since the owner may decide that they’ve spent enough on construction overages and stop before the furniture is complete.
- How good are you at asking for $35K for yourself? Since the design fee on this type and size of job could be $35K or more! Think about it …. you know it’s far different than asking for $35K for a couple Baker cabinets.
Again, it’s joining the Good Clients Great Money Mastermind Coaching so I help you figure out what your offer and fee should really be, as well as be by your side through these scary (but exciting) parts or business.
The one predictor of success is confidence. You can experience design business confidence and a significant increase in income every year when you have the following things in place:
Strategy: When you are clear about the next steps and how to do them.
Mindset: When you stretch your vision and take bigger action
Community: When you get courage and accountability from a tribe of like-minded and positive designers
You’ll find all of this in Good Clients Great Money Mastermind Coaching and here’s your chance to talk about it more with me during a private 20-minute Strategy Session Call!
Discover if coaching is a good fit for you and:
- what your dream design business really looks like
- hidden challenges slowing you down, getting in your way or even stopping you from reaching your dream
- the one next “best” step you need to take to bring your business forward!
There are limited spaces available, so if you want to be sure to get your personal session with me, make a tax deductible donation of $100 to Casa de los Niños.
Take the step today to help the life of a child and also help your business – now is the time.
Casa de los Niños promotes child well-being and family stability with programs that meet or exceed current standards for preventing child abuse, educating and supporting parents, quickly intervening when abuse has occurred, and effectively treating those who have been abused or neglected.